Tuesday, January 16, 2007

C.S. Lewis, The Four Loves.

I'm reading it as a way to learn more how to love other people and the language for doing so. I picked it up because I don´t hear a lot of sermons anymore and was looking for something to compensate for the spiritual encouragement I miss in that.

i´m now in the middle of the friendship section, and as i read i delight in how the friends in my life are such a blessing. my favourite part of this section was his idea that friends are something that are better with sharing - and that my joy in spending time with one friend increase when i spend time with her and another who brings out different parts of me and different parts of my friend. and it reminds me of dinners together last year - when it was a delight to eat with Brenda, but even more so with Brian, too :)
and i´m delighting in now reading Lewis's Prins Caspian :)

No comments: