the main reading of the last few months has been dutch children/youth books - of which i have read a phenomenal number. the following is a list of just some of them:
- De GVR (THE BFG) - by Roald Dahl (the author of Matilda)
- Madieke van het rode huis (Madieke of the red house) - by Astrid Lindgren (the author of Pippy Long-stocking)
- Hoe overleef ik MEZELF? by Francine Oomen.
- De Rode Prinses by Paul Biegel (also De tuinen van Dorr and Het sleutelkruid)
- De verloren tuin by Maria Van Eeden
- Kruistocht in Spijkerbroek (Crusade in Blue Jeans) by Thea Beckman (also Mijn vader woont in Brazilië and Kinderen van Moeder Aarde)
- Spreuken & slaapzakken (Spells and Sleeping Bags) by Sarah Mlynowski (and also Beha's en bezemstelen)
- and more...
I read a couple of books a week, so it adds up pretty quick :)